- Lala: Well, we have nothing booked for Weds night, or Friday, or Saturday (unless you want to go to the costume contest...).
- Rachael: Don't forget, wild woman, that we will want work time, down time, and most likely, Rock Band time.
- Me: Fuck down time. ROCK BAND.
- Lala: I can't believe I forgot Rock Band.
- Me: You probably need more coffee.
- Lala: I FORGOT TO SCHEDULE COFFEE!!!
Number of Songs: 3,248
Number of Albums: 404
Most Recently Played Song: “It’s Trivia” - The Thermals
Most Played Song: “For The Girl” - The Fratellis
Most Recently Added Album: The Best of Peggy Lee: The Capitol Years
First Song Alphabetically: “The Abandoned Brain” - Robyn Hitchcock (which is, btw, misspelled as “Abandonded”)
Last Song Alphabetically: “Zurich is Stained” - Pavement
Smallest Song Numerically: “2 x 2” - Mr. Hudson & The Library
Largest Song Numerically: “50,000 Ft.” - The Hang Ups
Shortest Song: “One Last ‘Whoo-hoo!’ For The Pullman” - Sufjan Stevens
Longest Song: “The Monolith” - The Beta Band
First Album Alphabetically: Abandoned Luncheonette - Hall & Oates
Last Album Alphabetically: Youth Novels - Lykke Li
First Band Alphabetically: A. A. Gray & Seven-Foot Dilly
Last Band Alphabetically: The Zones
First Ten Songs That Pop Up On Shuffle:
“Pay It Back” - Elvis Costello
“Don’t Love You” - TV on the Radio
“Tire Swing” - Kimya Dawson
“Executioner” - Robyn Hitchcock
“Know That” - Mos Def
“Cemetary Gates” - The Smiths
“Forget The Flowers” - Wilco
“Masters of War” - Bob Dylan
“The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul” - XTC
“Private Eyes” - Hall & Oates (YES.)
Lately my best ideas have come to me while either showering (something that dates back to college, in fact. Pulling an all-nighter while writing a paper generally meant a cobweb-clearing shower around 4 am) or drinking whiskey (this is, believe it or not, a rather recent development).
What would happen — what greatness could I achieve — were I to bring the whiskey into the shower?
This may warrant a bit of experimentation.
Note to self: pick up non-slip bathtub appliques.
- Inner Critic: Does it bother you that you're dressed kinda like a demented schoolgirl? At your age? Really?
- Me: Fuck off.